The Insider Interviews LIVE
CategoriesAll Products Our Screenwriting & Filmmaking Courses The Insider Interviews LIVE UK Courses
TagsBritish film interviews Networking The Insider Interviews LIVE
- The Insider Interviews LIVE runs monthly from the BFI Southbank.
- Join us for Q & As and networking with leading industry figures.
- Scroll down to view the guests attending in the months to come.
- Read and listen to the transcripts of all previous interviews HERE.
- OVERDRIVE members (Silver & Gold) attend all the IIL events for FREE.
2017 Calendar & Previous Featured Guests
- Mon 16th Jan 2017 – Emily Leo, prod of UNDER THE SHADOW
- Mon 27th Feb 2017 – Camille Gatin, prod of THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS
- Mon 13th Mar 2017 – Tim Bevan, Prod, Working Title Films
- Monday 24th April 2017 – Stuart Hazeldine, writer-director, EXAM, THE SHACK
- Monday 22nd May 2017 – ** guest speaker tbc **
- Monday 19th June 2017 – Douglas Rae & Robert Bernstein, Ecosse Films
- Monday 24th July 2017 – ** guest speaker nbc **
- Monday 18th September 2017 – ** guest speaker tbc**
- Monday 23rd October 2017 – ** guest speaker tbc**
- Monday 20th November 2017 – ** guest speaker tbc **
- Monday 11th December 2017 – ** guest speaker tbc**
Read the transcripts of all The IILs here.
From 12th December 2016, all IILs throughout 2017 and beyond will be held at the BFI Southbank. Precise event location is emailed to attendees moments after checking out. The networking drinks afterwards take place in the Benugo Bar afterwards.
When, Who and What Time?
All Q & As start promptly at 7pm. Please arrive by 6.45pm to allow you time to grab a drink and a seat without disturbing the event. The compere for the evening will commence the questions to give you a full picture of the guest’s background and then it will be open to the floor for attendees to quiz the speaker. The industry guest will stay at the venue for drinks and further informal chat after the Q & A.
The history of The Insider Interviews LIVE
The series began back in 2010, originally as online interviews, and then evolved to become a monthly Q & A series hosted in central London. Here are just some of the stellar professionals we’ve featured…
– Hossein Amini, DRIVE
– Tom Hiddleston, THE AVENGERS, THOR
– Gareth Unwin, THE KING’S SPEECH
– Stuart Hazeldine, THE SHACK, EXAM
– David Scinto, SEXY BEAST
– Ben Wheatley, KILL LIST, SIGHTSEERS
– Nick Marston, Curtis Brown Group
If you missed them, you can listen to these interviews, and more, here.
Now, we’re bringing the series to a venue near you, every month. There’s a Q & A with our esteemed guest where they share their career story, experiences and advice, and then we open the floor to audience questions, so you can ask what matters most to you. Finally, there’s networking drinks and a chance to mingle with our guest and other attendees.
– Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Under 16s need to be accompanied by a paying adult.
– What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
All information regarding the location of the BFI Southbank can be found, here.
– What can/can’t I bring to the event?
You are not permitted to bring alcohol with you. Definitely worth bringing your notebook / tablet to jot down valuable advice and tips from our speakers. We would also advise bringing business cards with you – this is a great networking opportunity. You cannot bring food into the venue, but can purchase it from the bar/restaurant afterwards during networking drinks.
– Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
– What is the refund policy?
Once booked, no refunds are possible, although in exceptional circumstances you may be permitted to move your booking to another IIL date.
Previously Featured Guests
- Tuesday 23rd June 2015 – Scott Free executive Aaron Anderson
- Wednesday 29th July 2015 – Producer Andy Brunskill
- Monday 28th September 2015 – Head of Film & TV, Shoebox Films Ed Clarke
- Wednesday 21st October 2015 – Lit Agent at The Agency, Tanya Tillett
- Tuesday 17th November 2015 – Lit Agent at Independent, Humphrey Elles-Hill
- Tuesday 26th January 2016 – Bradley Quirk, Head of Development, Altitude
- Tuesday 23rd February 2016 – Caroline Harvey, Producer, Ex Mirage
- Wed 23rd March 2016 – Celine Haddad, Talent Development, Creative England
- Monday 18th April 2016 – Alexandra Rossi, Producer, Ex Paramount Pictures
- Monday 23rd May 2016 – Nisha Parti, Producer, Parti Productions
- Monday 20th June 2016 – Paul Webster, Shoebox Films
- Wednesday 20th July 2016 – Michael Kuhn, producer, Qwerty Films
- Wednesday 28th September 2016 – Jeremy Baxter, Riverstone Pictures
- Wednesday 19th October 2016 – Colin Vaines, producer
- Wed 23rd November 2016 – Sarah Radclyffe, producer
- Mon 12th December 2016 – Rebecca O’Brien, prod at Sixteen Films
You may also like…
Film Script Coverage Report£135.00 Select options
Film Forensic Notes£300.00 Select options
TV Drama Script Analysis£125.00 Select options
Effective Script Reading Course for Film & TV£150.00 Select options
Ultimate Screenwriting Course£150.00 Select options
ULTIMATE Online Screenwriting Course£400.00 Add to cart
1,500+ Movie Scripts PDF Pack£35.00 Add to cart
OVERDRIVE subscription£19.00 Select options